BEST DRUGSTORE FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION | MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION

by - 2:53 PM


Hi, Dolls and Gents,

Today, I am finally back with a review. I feel like I haven't reviewed anything for a while and they are because I forget or I am really testing it out and I don't know where I stand with it. I am going to be posting a few reviews in the next few weeks, they are going to be exclusive to my blog because I haven't found the best way to film testing our foundation and reviews.

Anyways, getting back to the review. So, if you haven't heard about this foundation, where have you been. The Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation is not new to the market. Maybelline decided to basically relaunch their old superstay foundation to this new one that everyone seems to love or hate. The great thing is that I tried out the old formula and I loved the foundation.

Today, I will be reviewing the new SuperStay Full Coverage Foundation as well as comparing it to the old formula and see if there are any differences in the two. I don't own the old formula anymore, so it based on memory. Okay, so let's get started.

DETAILS 

Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation deliver 24 hour-wear, concentrated coverage and a flawless finish that doesn't fade or shift all day. Be your own professional makeup artist with Maybelline's full coverage 24hr foundation. Saturated colour pigments provide an ultra-transforming effect in this long-wearing foundation. The lightweight, yet high-impact coverage formula glides onto the skin for a flawless makeup finish that lasts all day. Oil-free. Doesn't clog pores. Dermatologist tested. Comes in 24 supersaturated shades. - Maybelline 

Packaging 


This foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump, hallelujah!!! All drugstore foundations need a pump.  Anyways, you can see the shade name and comes with a matte white lid - get dirty really quickly. The name of the foundation is in pink and grey lettering on a sticker. The lid clicks on and has a shiny white plastic pump.

Coverage 

This foundation claims to be a full coverage foundation with 24 hrs. The coverage is almost full coverage with one pump, but with two pumps it is a full coverage foundation. 

Price + Purchase 

This foundation retails from $12.96 - $15.99 for 1 fl oz. You can purchase this foundation at local Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, or Amazon. 

Shade Range 

Maybelline initially launched 16 shades, which is not the greatest.  Maybelline later added 8 shades. Maybelline now has 24 shades in this formula. There is always a discussion about extending shades ranges in both drugstore and high-end brands.  Maybelline could definitely work a more on the shade range for this foundation, as I had a little trouble finding my shade. They currently have 7 shades for deep, dark and deep dark skin. This is not that great, I consider deep dark but I am in the dark category. They need to improve at the end of the spectrum of shade range.




I chose the shade 370 Deep Bronze, which is described as a deep dark with neutral with slight red undertones. I first thought the shade was a little dark for me. I had a difficult time trying to find my shade because there is not a larger shade selection in the deep side. I purchased the shade 362 Truffle because I thought it was a closer match to me, but it was too grey on my skin and the next shade up from 370 Deep Bronze is 375 Java which is too dark. I recommend knowing your shade and going into to store and taking a look because your Maybelline Fit Me shades does not translate here.

Application + Consistency + Finish 

The consistency of the Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation is a thick formula that has no movement when it is pumped out, unlike other Maybelline foundation formula which is more on the thinner formula. 

The finish of the Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation is a natural matte finish. It is not a drying matte finish but is not a completely satin finish either. 

When applying this foundation, I used a beauty blender and I used one pump of foundation to get the coverage that I wanted, which was almost full coverage. I used 1.5 - 2 pumps if want a fuller coverage but I tend to stay with 1.5 pumps to get full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all, which is nice because the formula is soo thick. I haven't used a brush to apply this foundation, so I do not know how that applies. It is easy to blend out and doesn't dry down too fast, so you have time to blend out your foundation. 

Shade Comparison 


Longevity

When I first wore this foundation. I love how it initial look on my face. It is matte, smooth and flawless. I used different primers to get an idea of how the foundation works with that primer. I have used the Too Faced Primed and Peachy and Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and I get two different results when wearing them. Too Faced Primed and Peachy Primer - In conjunction with the Maybelline SuperStay Foundation. I found the foundation was fine the first few hours of wear, but as time went my t-zone and forehead started getting oily and by the end of the day some of the parts of my face were oily and some were dry, which is pretty normal for me. Milk Hydro Grip Primer - it held a little better than the too faced primer. I found that I didn't get oily too fast and when I felt that I was oily and I check a mirror, I was completely matte. But around the 6-7 hours, my oils did start to kick in and by the end at night, I looked like I always do.

Wearing 370 Deep Bronze 

Comparing to the Old SuperStay to New SuperStay 

Okay, so since, I no longer own the old formula and have it anymore this all based my memory - oh LORD! Okay, when I first discovered this foundation the darkest shade was 120 Cocoa and it matches really well actually. The formula is runnier than the new formula. It was still a full coverage foundation. This was also alot more matte than the new formula and you could feel that your face was matte. I didn't mind the old formula because it held up during my partying in university. It keeps me matte for a long time, but eventually, my oils did come through at the end of the night.

The packaging from the old bottle to the new bottle. The packaging is quite similar but a bit different. The old one did have a pump and it came cylinder bottle as the new bottle comes with a pump. The new bottle has grey, pink and white lettering on the bottle as the old one has red, silver and white lettering.

Verdict 

All in all, I am not someone who lives for a full coverage foundation. I like the ability to build it up to the coverage that I want, but recently I have been enjoying them. I love this foundation because even though it is a full coverage foundation, it feels so lightweight on the face and doesn't feel like you have a cake face. I definitely grab this foundation more than the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation. The only thing that I don't love about this foundation is the shade range. I wish the shade range was a little bit better on both ends of the spectrum. 


I hope you enjoyed this foundation review, I will be posting more foundation reviews on my blog and other stuff as well. Please don't forget to subscribe to my channel and follow my blog. I will see you in my next post.

xoxo,

Maame 

You May Also Like

1 comments