Budget Beauty | Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eyeshadow Palette

by - 11:00 AM



Hello Dolls and Gents, 

So, I got this palette last summer and I swatched it and never used it again. All of sudden, I was looking through my makeup storage and I found this. I decided to give it a try + the colour were perfect for the summer months. I purchase this palette at Walmart for about $6 and I was not expecting much for it. I knew that is was baked eyeshadow and I knew that baked eyeshadow have a lot of pigmentation when wet. 

There are five palettes in total, which are Brownie Points, Pink Interlude, Ivy League, Smokes Mirrors, and Under the Moon. If you know me, you know I went straight for Brownie Points.


Hard Candy website claims that:

"Four coordinated baked eye shadows in one compact that gives you a smoky hot look. Apply dry for subtle shadowing or with a slightly moistened applicator for a more intense metallic finish."

Packaging 


The packaging for this eyeshadow palette is expected for any drugstore brand. However, Hard Candy usually has packaging that is making a statement in the drugstore scene. The packaging for this palette is very simple. It has a small snake border on the bottom of the cover. Inside it come with two applicators, which are dual ended, making it four sponges. There is also a small mirror which is big enough to do your eye makeup. Lastly, at the back it come with simple instructions to create a look for beginners.

Shades


The quad does not give the name of the shadow, but these colours are complementary to each other. The shadows are actually quite pigmented. The pigmentation when these shadows are dry is good because it has a soft metallic finish to it, especially if you are using a eye primer.  Now, using this shadows wet is gorgeous, it creates a metallic finish which is expected for baked eyeshadows.

The first shadow is a white champagne highlighter. It is quite sheer, which is perfect for a brow bone highlight or inner tear highlight. Wet, this shade is still quite sheer but the colour has intensified. 

The second shadow is a grey beige and it is beautiful colour and look great against my skin tone. It is not as sheer as the white shade, it adds a nice shimmer to the eye lid. Wet, this shadow is more pigmented and creates a lovely foil look. 

The third shadow is a warm copper and it is my favourite colour. It look so beautiful and it really compliment my skin tone. This shadow is not shimmer, but there is metallic finish when using this colour dry. Now, using this shadow wet is creates a foil metallic look and intensified the colour so much, that is stands out against my skin tone. I really enjoy this colour all over the lid with a brown in the crease. If you want to see this colour in action, click here

The last shadow is a chocolate brown and this is my colour of choice for an everyday makeup look. This shadow is metallic but has some sparkle to it, it is quite different from the other shadows. This colour is quite simple when used dry, like I said before perfect for an everyday shadow. Now, when it is wet it has a foil look, but the sparkle is brought forward more, I would use this shadow wet when create a dramatic smokey eye or even any eye look. 

Swatches 


Texture 

The texture of these eyeshadow is obviously baked. There is hardly any fall out and it is easy to blend. 

Finish 

These eyeshadow has a satin finish to it with a little frost or shimmer. 

Verdict

I like this eyeshadow palette, it is quite simple and very practical for any beginner. The shades are perfect for any neutral look and the great thing is that the colour can be intensified by just dampening your makeup brush. I believe that palette is perfect for anyone, from a working mom to a busy student. It perfect to create a easy makeup look by sweeping one colour all over the lid, but can be changed and intensified  to create a dramatic smokey eye for the evening as well. I would recommend that you try this eyeshadow palette out. 

Hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to share, +1'd, and comment down below. 


You May Also Like

0 comments