Worth the Money: Clarisonic Mia

by - 11:00 AM


Hello Dolls and Gents, 
Today, I will be writing my first skincare post, but also I will be talking abou the most talked about skincare product out there and you already read the title then you know I'm talking about the CLARISONIC. I purchase the Clarisonic a year ago and it has made a major difference in my skin. 


The Clarisonic claims to:


  • Cleanse 6x better than with your hands along in just 60 seconds
  • Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
  • Prepares skin for better absorption of cream, serums, and moisturizers
  • Gentle enough to use 2x a day- According to Clarisonic 

Price 

The system cost $139 to $145. Replacement brushes $30 or you can get replacement brush head twin pack for $46. Buy at Sephora or Clarisonic website. 

Packaging 

The Clarisonic comes inside a box, where you get your Mia, a charger, and a free samples of Clarisonic face cleanser. The Mia handle fits into the palm of the hands. Plus, it is waterproof. It also includes warranty and how to use the Clarisonic. 

Why I Bought It 

Okay, to be honest I bought the because I heard so much good things about it and I feel into the hype. But, it took me awhile to finally decide to purchase it. I knew that it would be perfect for blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads, and acne. But, after my first year of university and my skin was broken out, so that summer I decided to get the Clarisonic. I chose the Mia for two reason. The first reason that is was the least expensive, it was $99. Secondly, why do I need more than one speed to wash my face. 

Review and Results

Now, I have been using my Clarisonic for 1 year now and I am proud to say that I am happy with the results and it was worth the money. I am happy that I finally decided to purchase it.

Brush Head 


The head that initially comes with the Mia is label Normal. When using it for the first time, it felt a harsh but after a couple uses it soften up and felt right in the face. I replaced the brush head with the Deep Pore which is suitably for people with oily skin or enlarged pores. TIP: the brush head can be taken apart 

Speed

The Mia only comes with one speed. The other systems comes with more than one speed. One speed is honestly the best for me and more practical. 

Usage 

Clarisonic recommends using the system for 20 seconds on your forehead and chin, then 10 seconds on each cheek. Since, most of blackheads and whiteheads are on my nose and most of my acne/blemishes happen on my chin, forehead, and sometimes cheeks, I just sucked with what Clarisonic recommended and it has improved my skin greatly. I use my Clarisonic with a pump of face cleanser. I use it twice a day, for me there is no irritation to my skin. 

Charging 

The Mia will last around 20 uses before it needs to recharge again. It will buzz twice when it need to be recharged. The charger is magnetized and sticks directly to the Clarisonic. However, you have to charge for 18 hours to get maximum uses. I have gotten to use to the 18 hours charged, so help the process a bit I charge it early in the morning after using it, if I know it needs a recharge and will not use it until the next morning. Honestly, sometimes I forget to charge it, but I will have to say this is the only downfall.

Cleaning 

Clarisonic recommends cleaning your brush head with hot water and antibacterial soap. If I have time and I want to be extra, I will boil hot water in the kettle and use it to clean brush head.

Skin Results 


As I said before, my skin has improved and looked so much better since using the Clarisonic. In one of my post, I mention that I have oily skin, which means that your entire face get oily, especially the t-zone. Since, using my Clarisonic I have combo to oily skin, which means only my t-zone get oily, but even my t-zone, it is just my nose and a bit of my cheeks gets oily. When I first started using this, I knew that my skin was going to go through a purging stage, where all the dirt, oil, and impurities come out and I was alright with that because I know that how the process worked. My skin purged for a month during summer and I had to work and I was going out. However, because I was going to going to work and hang out with my family and friends. I bought the Clean and Clean Acne treatment and place some on all my acne/blemishes to speed up the process. I recommend doing this, so it speed up the purging process so isn't so annoying. But after the purging stage, my acne/blemishes has gone my skin was clearing up. I use it twice a day, morning and night, and because I wear makeup most of the time this cleanse my skin properly which is very important. Many of family and friends have notice my good skin and hate me for it. 

Would I repurchase?

Yes, I would definitely repurchase this again, I will stick with the Mia. It is perfect cleansing brush for me.

Would you recommend?

Yes, I would recommend people to try it and if it does not work for you, at least you tried it. I have gotten my best friend to buy one and her skin is clearly up so beautifully.

Hope you enjoyed this long post and I will see you at the next one. Don't forget to comment, +1'd, and share. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. It is good to have someone review a hype product and make sure to be honest to the readers. You are a good blogger, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that mean a lot. I try to make sure my content is honest so I am lieing to my reader and truly telling them the pros and cons of any products.

      Delete