Is it Worth It? : Real Technique Core Collection

by - 11:00 AM


Hello Dolls and Gents, 

So, if you have read my last post, which is my 'Affordable and High End Makeup Haul', you would have noticed that I mostly focused on makeup brushes. I was going brush crazy, because I felt like I didn't have enough brushes and I become very lazy to clean my brushes. One of the brush set that I purchased was The Real Techniques Core Collection.

One thing, you should know is that I already purchase this brush set last summer. I went to Walmart to purchase it for $19.97. I enjoyed the brushes so much, but unfortunately 
the Buffing brush broke, I felt that I got a defect one, so I decided to 
buy another set solely for the Buffing Brush.

Now, you are wondering who or what the heck is Real Techniques? Real Techniques is a brush line designed by pro makeup artists Samantha and Nic Chapman from Norwich, many of you may know them for their YouTube Channel as Pixiwoo.

The Core Collection is one of the Real Techniques best-selling brush sets and it consist of four face brushes, which are: 
  • Buffing Brush
  • Contour Brush
  • Pointed Foundation Brush
  • Detailer Brush 
These brushes are made with taklon bristles which are ultra-plush, with soft fibers and smoother than most other synthetic brushes . Also, they are 100% cruelty free. These brushes are hand cut to fit your hand comfortably. They are light, due to the fact that the handle is aluminum, and the base of the brushes are flat, so they can stand on your vanity, which adds as a decorative touch. 

I absolutely love these brushes and the other Real Techniques brushes I own. I would like to own every single collection and single brush Real Techniques , my goal is to collect all of them, for real, I am not joking. 

Buffing Brush 


"Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation. Perfect for applying blush, liquid foundation, and bronzer." 

I frigging love this brush, I use it for liquid foundation and powder. Honestly, it is drugstore alternative to the Sigma F80. It blends foundation out, so beautifully and creates a flawless face that does not look cakey. This brush is soft to the touch, it does not feel scratchy on the face, it feels soft and beautiful. This brush does not absorb the foundation, which is perfect. But, after a couples uses without washing it, the bristles start to stick together. I love this brush, it Real Techniques ever readings this post (highly doubt it), I would love if they can bring this out as a single brush. 

Contour Brush 


"Ideal for applying highlighter and contour or create sheer, soft focus finish. Perfect for blending out under eye concealer and setting, also for bronzing." 

I love this brush for blending out under eye concealer and highlighting the face. Also, for setting the under eye. I love that this brush is tapered rounded and it is less densely packed than the buffing brush. I love this brush for contouring because it doesn't apply a lot of product at once. 

Pointed Foundation Brush 


"Ideally for liquid foundation to build custom coverage. Perfect to apply concealer under the eye or cream contour and highlight the face or applying foundation without pump."

When I saw this brush for the first time, I was like why the heck is this foundation brush so small. I would never use this brush to apply foundation to the face, firstly because it is too small and secondly, it would take forever. However, I have found a great way to use this brush. This brush is tapered with a pointed shape to fit into smaller contours of the face. This is my go to brush to apply concealer under the eye or cream contour the face. But, I mostly use it for my foundation that do not have a pump to apply foundation to my face and blend out with the buffing brush or beautyblender. 

Detailer Brush 


"Ideal for precise cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition. Perfect for shaping brows, inner corner highlight and lip brush."

I love this brush, purely because how small it is. It is perfect for precise concealing, but I really use it for shaping my brows or inner corner highlight. It is the perfect size, though I don't use this brush most of the time, I really enjoy it when I do use it. 

Verdict 

I am in love with this brush set and it is definitely worth it. I will buy a couple more different brush sets that Real Techniques has to offer. These brushes are the perfect drugstore or affordable brush set any beginner or even makeup artist can use. You can find this brush set at Walmart(in-stores), Farley&Co, and in the U.S. in Ulta. Internationally, you can find them at Amazon or iHerb

Hope you enjoyed this review. Do you have this brush set or are you going to be getting it soon, leave your answers in the comment section below. Don't forget to share, +1'd, and comment down below for any requests. 




You May Also Like

0 comments