BUY IT OR LEAVE IT | URBAN DECAY STAY NAKED FOUNDATION REVIEW

by - 1:00 PM


Hello, Dolls and Gents,

Last month was the month of foundations. Every company under the sun released a new foundation from Pat McGrath, Anatasia Beverly Hills, and much more. I am trying to keep up with all the new foundations and it is a lot, but we will get through it. Today, I will be reviewing the new Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation.

Now, before this foundation was released. Urban Decay had two foundations under their belt, the Urban Decay Naked Weightless Foundation and Urban Decay All Nighter. From, what I saw on the Sephora website, it looks like the stop selling the UD Naked Foundation and this new foundation replaced the old one. Now, in the past, UD foundation shade range was not always the best, it wasn't inclusive and there was some oxidization.

The new Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless foundation comes in 50 shades. What is different about this foundation release, is that UD changed how people chose this shade. UD created 9 skin intensities, 3 mastertones and 7 undertones. So, basically, it is really helping you narrow down your foundation and really help make sure the foundation matches you perfectly.

This foundation is a vegan, buildable, medium coverage foundation that retails for $53 for 1 fl oz. It claims to be for all skin types, but I will get into that later.  It is a weightless,  lightweight,  breathable formula that can last up to 24 hrs. It stays true to colour - no oxidization and minimizes the appearance of pores.

Now, for the shade range. I am really impressed the UD came out with 50 shade and made sure that all undertones were covered in this new formulation. I decided to go for was 90NN.  The first number is the shade intensity, which is for 10 -90. I am clearly in the last category. The next part is the master undertones. I fall under the neutral undertone. The last part is your undertone, which I am a neutral undertone. I like to say I have deep skin tones with neutral undertones with a slight red undertone, but I'm able to wear foundation that is neutral and a little red or golden undertones. Other shades I could have tried was 90WO and 90WR.



Now, my thoughts on everything. First, let's talk about the packaging. The foundation comes in a plastic bottle with an indentation in the bottle with gold writing, with a pump and gold cap with UD on the side. I love the packaging of this foundation and the bottle is very narrow.



Next, consistency, blend-ability and formula. The formula of the foundation is smooth and has a thick consistency, but not as thick as UD All Nighter foundation. This foundation blends out really nice and doesn't dry fast on the skin, which is good if you are someone who takes a while to blend out this foundation. It is a long-wear, waterproof formula that can last up 24 hrs.

Next, how did this foundation wear? I applied this foundation around noon. On initial application my skin loos good and it dried down to a matte finish. I did find a little settling in my fine lines and sides of the nose. Easy to blend out, it didn't dry down fast and was to blend out beautifully with both a beauty blender and brush. It felt lightweight on the face and it is medium coverage but it buildable. My first check-in was around 3:30 pm. My pores did not look emphasize and a little had come through. It didn't further settle int my laugh lines and side of my nose. There was no noticeable fading or transferring. After, 11 hrs of wear the foundation was still looking good. A little more oils did come through but I was not super oily. The oils did just sit on top of my nose and when I blotted it well look brand new. There was no fading, there was a little transferring where my oils came through but expect.

YOUTUBE REVIEW



___________________

Overall, I really do enjoy this foundation and I would buy it for sure and I recommend you try this out. If you are on the drier side, I recommend using a hydrating primer underneath this foundation. You can find this at Sephora or Ulta.

Please don't forget to follow my Instagram, YouTube Channel and blog to get all the latest posts.

xoxo,

Maame

You May Also Like

0 comments